Monday, February 13, 2017

behind the scenes│10-minute photoshoot just before the sunset at Lavon Lake, TX, July 2016

This is what happens when you don't have a proper notion of time and space. I'm so bad at it, especially here in the U.S. I almost completely lost the notion of space. 

It took me way too long to get ready,to pack my styling and gear that day. I was very inspired to take pictures for one of the poems by Halina Poświatowska, which I had studied carefully on the same day. I imagined all the scenes, and what I could possible do at this location, which I knew from the previous visits.

I was so excited about it but upon arrival at the destination, I was informed that the access to the lake wasn't permitted for visitors. Then, I was redirected to other entrance open to tourists. You can't imagine how angry I was. While in the car, I was only admiring the sunset on the way, and almost gave up on the shooting.

When I finally arrived to the lake, there were only 10 minutes left before the sunset, 10 minutes of warm soft light! I didn't even think to wear any of my styling, I forgot everything I planned to do, I just adjusted to the circumstances. I had only sharp rocks under my shoes. I removed them and the dress, placed the tripod and started shooting. The nature itself was enough of an inspiration to me. This is how my series "You Have Small Braids Like Spider Threads" was born. One of my best from 2016!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.