Saturday, July 23, 2016

prints, prints, my prints│group exhibition "SHE" Sweet'Art Gallery London, U.K.



For black and white photography I like using Hahnemühle Photo Rag® Baryta for its very fine surface texture with the baryta gloss which endows portraits with a particularly expressive character. I allow two artist proofs. Sometimes, I prefer textured paper for my works that already have a painterly quality to them. For  small handmade prints (4"X4" and 5"X5"), now I will use only textured ones as they seem most suitable for my projects.


It was my lucky day when I came to see the proofs of this piece. Molly asked me if I could wait so she could print it. Wow! I was more than happy to discover the process of printing and understand better how my works were actually born. I am truly grateful to her patience with me being picky. I found the proofs having more contrast than my eyes were able to see on my screen. She helped me to adjust it on her big monitor at the lab, and after that she proceeded to printing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.